state-of-the-art Processes to Meet even the Toughest Specifications
U.S. Nameplate Co. offers start to finish, in-house capabilities from tooling to artwork to printing & fabrication to inspection. We strive to give our customers the widest array of options the industry has to offer.
U.S. Nameplate offers a variety of printing methods for your project:
- Desirable when a durable, long-lasting product is required.
- Anodized aluminum (clear or black) is the most commonly used substrate in the etching process.
- Good for harsh, outdoor environments
- Chemical resistant.
- Compatible with a wide variety of media and objects.
- Provides near-photographic image quality to take graphics to the next level.
- Wide format flatbed can print almost any size product.
- All Metalphoto® products meet the standards for long-lasting durable nameplates and panels that require extended exposure to weather, salt, and sunlight.
- Meets or exceeds the strictest military standards.
- Compatible with virtually all substrates.
- On clear materials, screen printing is sub-surface, protecting it from abrasion and chemicals.
- Screen printed metal products are durable and abrasion and solvent resistant.
- Roll-to-roll printing using pigment or metallic resins.
- Finishing and fabrication can make rolls, strips or pieces.
- Special security features are available.
U.S. Nameplate can cut, form and machine your project using a variety of fabrication methods:
- Standard and custom dies used to cut unusual shapes and rounded corners.
- Hard dies used for metal parts.
- Steel rule dies for flexible materials.
- Precision tooling available for close tolerance requirements.
- Through-cutting, kiss-cutting, routing, and creasing.
- Cuts in rolls, sheets and rigid media up to 1.96" thick.
- Custom shapes possible without tooling.
- Adds three dimensions to printing for unique identification.
- High durability that outlasts the lifespan of any inks.
- Tactile areas or buttons on overlays.
- Protects printed nameplates, overlays, and decals.
- Subsurface printing on flexible substrates can be laminated on Metal Nameplates for increased durability and protection.
- Multiple layers can be built-up, offering special features.
Machining & Forming
- Press Brake Bending to your specifications.
- Full in-house machine shop.
- Manufacture any rectangular, square, or round metal nameplate, serial / VIN plate, or control panel without additional tooling charge.
- Rigid plates can be roll-formed to conform to curved surfaces.
U.S. Nameplate stocks a variety of materials in-house that can be processed and fabricated to your project specifications:
- Polycarbonate – Strong, somewhat rigid plastic film. Offering excellent chemical and abrasion resistance.
- Polyester – Very strong plastic film. Offering little or no shrinkage.
- Vinyl – Durable plastic PVC film that is flexible, conformable, abrasion resistant, and water and weather-proof.
- Aluminum, anodized aluminum, brass, Metalphoto®, and stainless steel options.
- Aluminum foil and adhesive-backed litho paper.
- Tamper-evident acrylic and polyester.
- Permanent, pressure-sensitive acrylic.
- Special adhiseves for application to low-surface-energy (LSE) surfaces such as powder-coatings and certain plastics.
- Various foam thicknesses to adhere to rough surfaces or to dampen vibrations.